Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Brightening a photo while keeping sharp eyes
I'm trying to get better at photoshop and am learning so much all at once that I don't want to lose it, so I'm going to start posting sort of my own personal textbook of how I acheived certain effects in my photos.
This is the bright eyes/ Screen effect.
Here's the before:
1) Under layers (bottom right box) drag and duplicate layer.
2) From normal, switch it to screen.
3) Repeat this two or three more times.
4) drag and duplicate one more time and make it an overlay. This really brings out the contrast I love.
5) next, to act like eyeliner, I sprayed a boarder of black around edge.
6) merge visible layers, save.