Friday, February 11, 2011

Extreme Makeover-- extremely ugly love seat

BEFORE
Ug.
I'm sure it has great lines, and it's an antique, so the fabric being intact should earn it points, but... Ug. ug. I just don't like it. But I can't get rid of it either. So picture this dusty relic grunting it's way down the street and then... "excuse me, Ma'am. You are extremely outdated." A gasp, a dusty doilie covering an aghast mouth. "You need a make-over." Fade out.
Now behind the scenes, you and I, (Yes we are in this together) are considering what to do. Every time we glance at it we get the feeling of being shoved into itchy tights and being drug to tea with the old aunt. The one with the cats, and the bowl of 'candy" (actually menthol) and THAT love seat. Well, Extreme Makeover in progress. Notice the plyers and scissors in the picture. I almost started ripping before the shot was taken.

No comments: