Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fairyland Friends

 K is in love with all things fairy/woodland creature- gnomes, sprites, goblins, even hobgoblins, and leprechauns as you can read about here

Though she's becoming old before my eyes, she still pushes down the creeping cynicism of tweendom and just lets herself believe.

I want to do everything I can to keep her young and believing and imagining for awhile longer. follow the jump for a tutorial on making dolls out of leaves and twigs....
 Start collecting your supplies:



 Real or fake flowers, the choice is yours.  


create your legs.  In the photo above, we're wrapping legs together with some vines.  For the first doll, I used floral wire and bent at the bottom to make little shoes.





 I used another fake flower, inverted, for a hat on my fairy.  Set them out near your leprechaun tree and be sure to check for signs of moonlight dancing.





No comments: